I think a consistent goal for many of us is to find more balance in our lives.
Always striving to find that magick combination…but what is balance anyway?
I used to think that it was all about having my time split perfectly between work and family. I had a list with a big set of goals I needed to tick off each day – which didn’t leave much room for flexibility or spontaneity + I constantly felt disappointed if I didn’t tick everything off!
What I’ve learnt is that balance can mean different thing for different people. Finding true balance is finding our own flow and what feels good to us..
Sometimes we’re going to be more busy or need to work more and sometimes, we need more rest – its just the way it is.
So here’s a few tips I’ve learnt and I’d love to share them with you if you need help to find your own balance & flow this year:
– Listen to your body and give her/him what it needs. For example: If you’re feeling tired in the afternoon – have a little kip and let yourself rejuvenate.
– Eat food that will make your body sing and gives energy
– Rest when you need to. Even if you have a big list of things to do it’s totally Ok to take 5 or 10 minutes for yourself to meditate, just sit and breathe or read a book. You will find that you’re likely to be more productive then what you would be if you just ‘pushed through’.
– Make a list of things you’d like to achieve in your day (I still do), but make sure it is achievable with space for flexibility. Making a list will help you to stay focused and achieve your goals.
– Pay attention to the cycles of nature as you can utilise the swirling energies to your best advantage. For example: The Moons energy is at it’s peak when she is full. This is a good time to add oomph to any projects your are working on. When the Moon is dark her energies are lower so this is a good time to rest up & plan for what is to come.
– Move your body at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes. If 30 minutes feels too big, commit to 10 mins and build on it. It keeps your energy flowing which helps you be more productive when you need to be + will help keep your health on track.
– Make space in your day everyday for at least 5 minutes to rest, take time for self and just BE. These things will nourish your soul
– Try and get enough sleep. It’s essential for your body to repair and restore.
Here’s to a more happy, healthy, balanced and magickal life!
Blessed Be, Bella